TERM art classes introduces their second guest artist course, with the incredible Rebecca Sammon leading 4 sessions to inspire your creativity through drawing and mark making. For complete beginners to practising artists. This is a pay what you feel course from £28 to support artists. Ticket price covers the full 4 session course dates: Tuesday 13th, 20th & 27th April & 4th May 2021. 7-9pm (London UK Time) LIVE via Zoom followed by an optional informal group art chat 8:30-9pm (GMT).
Rebecca Sammon is a British artist currently living and working in London. She studied Fine Art at the University of Brighton, Painting and Poetry at Kansas City Art Institute and The Drawing Intensive at The Royal Drawing School. She recently exhibited the solo show ‘Moon Shell Sea Swell’ with Blue Shop Cottage in London, and has had work acquired by Soho House and private collections globally. Her bold, poetic pieces pulse with vibrant immediacy. Often Rebecca’s pieces are inspired by abstracted elements of nature interacting with human forms within imagined landscapes, moving from suggestions of mythical narrative into the more ambiguous, fluid space.
TERM Art Classes present a 4-week online course to unlock your creativity through activities that release the potential of your imagination with guest artist Rebecca Sammon. By harnessing drawing from the imagination, you will experiment with intuitive mark-making, subconscious drawing and visualising text excerpts to find and hone your creative voice. You will explore composition and figurative placement throughout the course, and build the confidence to make work as unique as you are.
- Emphasising play this course will help you find freedom and fun in your creativity.
- The course will expand your knowledge and confidence in manipulating art materials.
- Exploring the potential for drawing from the imagination to make your work as unique as you are.
- Practice drawing without looking and subconscious drawing.
- Working from text excerpts to visualise and trigger imagination.
- Exploring composition and building figurative placement throughout the course.
- Each week will focus on different ways of exploring composition and narrative and encouraging intuitive mark making and colour exploration.
You will need to bring a selection of the following materials to this course. No need to have all of the items listed, but you will be exploring colour, so make sure you have at least one coloured material:
- Paper (Suggested – 220gsm smooth heavy weight)
- Felt tip pens
- Willow charcoal
- Oil Pastels
- Chalk pastels
- Coloured pencils
- Coloured paper
- Watercolours and paint brush (Suggested – with watercolour paper)
Some suggested places to get these art materials:
- Ken Bromley – https://www.artsupplies.co.uk
- R.JACKSONS & SONS (UK) – https://www.rjacksonandsons.co.uk
- Fred Aldous – https://www.fredaldous.co.uk
You do not have to be an experienced artist to join this course. Join us for portfolio development, practice or fun!
Co-ordinated by artists Klaire Doyle and Anna FC Smith based in Manchester, England.