How much consideration do you put into the materials you use?
We posted this question on our Instagram on 11th June 2021, here are the answers offered by our followers:
- I am freakin’ obsessed with materials, but also a bit disloyal as I want to try EVERYTHING! 😂 But I don’t know if I think about them so much as with them..?
- I try to make work which will stand the test of time, but sometimes feel the need to be “f**k it, I’m gonna use this cos I love it!”
- When working in 3d materials are everything & I spend a LOT of time considering which are best to use, it’s integral to my practice.
- I just get this urge like ill have this this and this and go with it, its really random when it comes but they are my most favourite times to create, alignment. 🌟
- I LOVE THE COMMENTS AND ADVICE! 💚 In relation to this question; I have started to take my materials choice more seriously. For quite a lot of my current work, I use discarded materials, literally rubbish. However, I’m quite partial to a really good piece of paper. In addition, thanks to the suggestions from the marvellous Paula Fenwick Lucas. I’m now looking into making my own paper from my endless note taking! 😍